Sunday, August 17, 2008

St. Emillion Poolside with Troy


A lazy day in LA is the norm. Troy and I sat, hanging by the pool with an '05 St.Emillion. Not to be one to subscribe too much to the hype, I've really got to say these '05's have proved to be magnificent. Yeah, yeah, they're still young and monsterously tannic, but the fruit on these babies are just monumental. Even the mid level crus are showing just lovely. As an added bonus while the sun started to go down, Troy blinded me on a red. I'm pretty impressed with myself on this one. I nailed it as a Spanish Tempranillo. Granted, I guessed Rioja instead of Ribera del Duero, and I had trouble with the vintage, (the oak profile was very young but the fruit was showing age) Classic mistake, shoulda gone with the fruit profile instead of the oak, but all in all, excellent detective work on my part. Hooray for me.

No comments: