Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tasting, Tasting, Tasting


Another big tasting, this time hosted by Southern Wines. First was the barrel tasting downstairs, then the main event upstairs with table after table of wine. The 07 Domaine Alfred Pinot was rocking. No surprise really, it's always pretty good, and the 07's across the board are something special. But still, I think it took the prize for the Barrel Samples.


Brandy overlooking the sea of (way too small) glasses. I guess I'm jaded and spoiled and all that, but come on, Southern, you put together this huge tasting, in a giant LA hotel, and then you supply crappy glasses? Really?


While I'm on a roll here, casting judgements all over the place, who the hell decorated this place? I can excuse a lame painting as general hotel art, but you put the furniture directly in front of the painting? Like Blocking the painting? Why not just put the painting on the floor?

No comments: