Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jack Dagger!


So I met Jack Dagger (Todd) and Tanya while waiting on a two hour line to get a bottle of wine. Maynard Keenan of Tool was in town and I got a bottle signed for Autumn. Anyhow, got the chance to hang out with Todd and Tanya, who are both incredibly cool and funny for two hours and hear the stories of their trade. Jack Dagger is one of, if not THE, World's foremost Knife Throwers- The King of Fling! Check this Link to see his site and some of his tools of the trade. One of his great stories was how he put himself out of commission for a spell not by throwing hatchets, but by catching hatchets, that's right, CATCHING HATCHETS! Caught it by the blade and it went right into his hand. Still caught it though. I've been hassling Todd (Or Jack) That's Mr. Dagger to you, to tell me about the next time he was doing a show. Well sure enough, I finally got to see one...

No comments: