Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New Toaster


Hold on to your hats, kids, it's about to get krazy up in here. After much deliberation and dissappointment, (The toaster oven which I wanted was unavailable) I decided to get the old traditional push down toaster, because, really, if I need an oven, I'll just use the oven, right? I mean, c'mon now.

I don't want to unneccessarily withhold the pay off here simply for dramatic reasons, so I'll go ahead and tell you what you've been dying to know, I got the Black and Decker two slice toaster.


Gave it a test run with nothing in it, just to cook off whatever residual factory junk, lead paint, and Chinese Dry Wall may be hiding in the thing- oh, that's right, good old Black and Decker, now proudly made in the People's Republic of China; and then woo-hoo, threw in a bagel, (Being able to fit a bagel has been an integral part in my decision making process for toasters) and boo, fail, apparently setting 4 ain't enough, even though I pressed the special bagel button, which manages a sort of top brown function, even though the bagels are vertical (Modern science). So, being the patient, intuitive, and capable man I am, I did another round at setting 4, and am proud to share with you the following results. The next step is to find a place in LA with even remotely acceptable bagels. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: