Saturday, March 27, 2010

2010 Sommelier of the Year, Southern California Restaurant Writers Association


Just recently, I went down to the OC for the Southern California Restaurant Writers Awards Banquet, because I was nominated for 2010 Sommelier of the Year. I'm pleased to announce, I won!
It was a really wonderful dinner, in the main room of the Long Beach Aquarium, where we sat under a huge 80 ft replica of a Blue Whale, and ate and drank our way through the evening. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Marilyn and Bob Gourley, the President of the Association, and John and Tom Papadakis who have run their restaurant longer than I've been alive. Also nearby were Aricia Alvarado, the 2010 winner Mixologist of the year, and her Husband Hugo Molina, the 2009 Chef of the Year, for Seta.
It was really both an honor and a humbling experience to receive this award, and more than anything, really lights a fire under my ass to keep getting out there and accomplish some of what these other members of the audience have...
Click Here for the link

2 comments:

Goddess of Wine said...

Winning this award seems to have aged you a bit. Or is it working all those events with Ian?

Cheers and congrats! Hope this brings you actual paying work!

See you soon~Denise

Jared said...

Ha! I think it's just the lighting...