Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Family Winemakers


One of the biggest tastings of the year, I've learned to give up on even attempting to make it through the whole line up. I check in with old favorites, and try a couple of new ones when I can...
This year, I employed a new technique, starting at Z and working my way towards A. My thinking here was that I'd be able to rotate in the opposite direction of the crowds, and hopefully taste more wines and meet more people. I guess it sorta worked...
So, this year's stand outs:
Yates Family Vineyard, ( "Chevalier" 100% Cab Franc)
X Winery
Thorne Wine / Rio Vista Vineyard
Sojourn Cellars (Sangiocomo Vyd. Pinot Noir)
Silver Wines
Red Car
Ramey Wine Cellars ( Had a hard time picking a favorite between the three Chards)
Pride Mountain Vineyards (Always an amazing Viognier)
Paul Hobbs Winery
Michaud Vineyard
La Fenetre
Hitching Post Wines
Bink Wines (My favorite Sauv Blanc of the tasting)
Benovia Winery
B Wise Vineyards
Alfaro Family Vineyards (These guys are new to me, and doing a great job with Chard and Pinot)

No comments: