Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Daniel and his Bike.




My buddy, Daniel, from Brooklyn, was in a motorcycle accident about a month back. Coming down La Cienega, some lady didn't see him coming and turned right into him. As he described it later, he had two options, under, or over. He could hit the brakes and quite possibly slide under the car, or just hit it, and go over. The paramedics estimate he flew about 30 to 35 feet, which maybe as motorcycle accidents go, isn't such a big deal, but it sounds pretty scary to me. He banged up his leg pretty badly, went through some serious surgery on his knee, and broke some toes, but all in all, considers himself pretty lucky. I helped him run some errands yesterday, which also involved seeing his bike at the Police tow yard for the first time since the accident. It was pretty emotional, he got the bike in Europe, and took it all over Israel; and now he's not sure it'll be financially sound to repair it. But he's maintaining good spirits, partially aided by croissants stuffed with donuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"She's waiting to turn left, I'm going. She's not going. I'm going. She's not going, she is going. Here we go, boomza..."

Never was there any thought of going anywhere but going-over, thankfully it was a car not a SUV or worse, and my bike was tall, I say was in that we're selling if for parts... I might ride when I get my strength back, but not that bike. Lot's of good memories from all over the world on that bike.

Thanks for the help Jer. Yup, count my blessings I'm alive and have great friends here/there. :D