Monday, March 3, 2008

Amarillo Texas



Woke up this morning, hoping to make Denver, or at Least Santa Fe. After checking it out though, I knew I'd never make it in one day. Instead I opted for Red Rock State Park in Oklahoma. (Thanks for the tip, Summer) There's been a severe weather watch all over Texas and Oklahoma though. I looked up at the sky once I got to Red Rock and could see the storm rolling in from the Southwest and figured instead to head for Amarillo, so I shot out West and just skirted the storm as it was coming in.
Amarillo, if you haven't been there is a strange town. I guess it used to be a city at one point, but now, the downtown is a ghost town, as in, not a single store open on a Sunday evening. I went around to a bunch a convenience stores trying to find out where the main drag was, but there didn't seem to be one. Finally found out about some coffee joint with live music. Here's the good part, it was the weirdest, most out there stuff I've heard in a long time. Kate would've loved it...
I can't tell whether the lead singer had an accident with his hair buzzer, or if it's one of those intentional things the cool kids are doing these days.
Oh yeah, as an added bonus, check out the painting of naked angel with a skull head and Nazi arm band in the background...

No comments: