Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nasty Roads



Left Amarillo around 10 pm and decided to make tracks. The aforementioned storm had already begun to hit and 87 out of town was UGLY. Pitch black and a near white out of snow. I drove down the middle of the two lane highway with the traffic line running down under the middle of my car. Vowed to stay at the first motel I found and get the hell off the road. (everybody else had seemed wise enough to do just that) So, in the little town of Dumas Texas, I found a cheap motel room and settled in. The next morning, I headed off for Denver, and got to deal with the aftermath of the storm which was a single lane highway out of Dumas. After sliding around passing a truck, and then seeing this overturned one, I decided not to rely too much on my AWD and instead just took it easy.

No comments: