Sunday, March 9, 2008

The further adventures of Josh, Dave, and Jared for the B-Day celebrations (with the added bonus of some really horrible pictures of me)




I brought a bunch of wine with me on the trip, a case and a half actually, with the expectation of popping some bottles with friends along the way. I managed the popping bottles with friends part, but am now down to one last bottle of Cab, and a half of Australian desert wine. Well, no regrets, it's been fun.
So for Josh's B-Day, we Apres-ski'd at Allred's, got changed and pre-gamed at 221 Oak, then onto La Marmotte for dins. I decided to pop a bottle of Pride Chard that Jeff and Phoebe brought me back from Napa, and then went across the street to get the last bottle of Pride Viognier they had. Dave used to Manage La Marmotte, so they had no issue with us waltzing back in and out of the door with bottle after bottle. Besides, during desert I offered our waiter, the sommelier, and hell, the entire staff, some of the West Virginia Moonshine I picked up during my stay with Chipper. It was a big hit. There you go Telluride, looks like you got something to learn from Canaan Valley WV!
So... the Pride Chard was ok, but not great, the Viognier was an 03 and unfortunately DOA, so I ran back across the street to bottleworks and returned it for a Roessler Pinot, The Peay Vineyard, and we got a Roessler Savoy off the list and had us a little horizontal Roessler Pinot tasting. Yummy!

No comments: