Wednesday, March 5, 2008

On the way to Telluride


The Mountains out here are just unbelieveable. I've been here before, but sometimes I was prompted to have to say "Holy Shit" out loud to myself, these are just incredible. I don't even know which peak this was. It was somewhere south of Carbondale and may have been Snowmass. Lots of fallen rock on these roads too. West of Ouray, there was a small rock in the middle of the road, and as there was traffic coming in the opposite direction and I didn't want to slam on the brakes, i thought I could just drive over it. Misjudged the carriage of the Subaru though, and though the bumper made it over, the transmission smacked it dead on lifting my car a good six inches off the ground in a fierce high middle. Sorry Subee! Pulled over as soon as I could, and I'm not leaking any fluids but do have a nasty shot to the undercarriage. I'll have to get it checked on at my next oil change, seeing as I'm about 1500 miles overdue at the moment, that oughta be sooner rather than later.

No comments: