Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cabbie 0, Hooper 1


So Kate and Adrian bust a move to club home, and I'm all by my lonesome to wander LES. (That's the Lower East Side, although Ludlow and the like doesn't even count anymore if you ask me) Anyhow, 'Inoteca, Mario Batali's Wine Bar is down there so I figured I'd give it a run through and get some pictures, but no dice, Close-ed. Caught the last set at Arlene Grocery, considered for the briefest of moments catching a beer at Max Fish (where I sat next to Janeane Garafalo on my aforementioned B-day and told her I thought she was really great and she was extremely gracious about it) but decided not to when I heard the hair-do's coming out of there and hit Houston for a cab back to BK...If only life were so easy-
If you grew up in Brooklyn, you've dealt with this crap a million times... It's 2 in the morning, the subway comes once an hour, all you want is a cab to take you back to Brooklyn if you can even find one, and the minute you mention Brooklyn, Dude starts saying, Oh No, I'm not going to Brooklyn. Yes you are, no I'm not, Blah, blah, blah. Used to be you'd threaten to call the TLC when you got home, but now, Voila, Cell phones! So your man says no, I say I'll call the TLC, he says fine, so I dial them up and call. Actually sit in the back of your man's cab while I call and lodge the complaint. After I'm done, guy tries to give me a story, I tell him, listen, Take me to Brooklyn and I'll cancel it. So, Tada, he did. I tried to cancel it but couldn't, I gave a fake address anyway. Autumn, sorry hun, I gave your number cause it's a 718, so if you get a call from the TLC about a complaint from Brian Jones against Singh Tarvis, taxi 4h76, just tell them to forget it...

No comments: