Sunday, January 20, 2008

The NY Giants advance to the Superbowl


And so, the NY Giants advance to the Superbowl! Pictured is what happens when you lose a bet. The only thing that pleased my late father more than the Giants winning a game, was when he got to call up Uncle Bobby and put me on the phone to gloat. "Oh good," he'd say as the Giants would score the winning goal, (and this is an honest to goodness actual quote) "Now we get to shit on Uncle Bobby."
In all truth, Uncle Bobby did route for the Giants, and we got to watch them win in an incredible overtime game, advancing them to the Superbowl. Bob, even, quite rightly, dedicated the game to my father. But even still, just for old times' sake, we made Bob wear a stupid hat. I'm sure my father (most likely in slightly warmer climates) was able to look upon the moment and smile.

No comments: