Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Yorker or not...


Since the authenticity of my New Yorker status has been called into question, I've felt the need to wear my Green Badge of NYC, and here it is. I think I'll keep it on my window as long as possible. I love it. I feel a little lame, like I'm trying extra hard, which is my usual red flag for a Non-NYC Native, but maybe I'm just wearing my pride, like an American Flag, or one of those oval stickers proclaiming ACK (Nantucket) or wherever else you may spend your vacation time and feel the need to wear it on your bumper. Besides, I didn't put it there, I've just neglected to take it off. A fair legal loop hole if I've ever seen one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If its any consolation..when I think of NY I think of you. In fact yesterday..crazy enough, I was listening to Nerferder. Remember them?!? I ran across the cd and had a jared/NY moment :)