Thursday, January 24, 2008

White Grass Map


I've gotten into taking pictures of maps. I liked that first "you are here" one of the Brooklyn subway map, so I'm keeping up the tradition. Besides I want to give a visual reference for this place. Yeah, I bet you're looking at it by Vermont and Colorado standards and thinking, "Yeah that's not so big" but you've got to stop for a second and realize, this place has no chairlifts. All of this is from getting up there by yourself. And Telemarking (coming back down the hill on skis with a free heel) is a WHOLE lot harder than plain old downhill. This is the real deal kind of sking. "Earn your turns" as they say. It takes a whole lot more balance and skill, and I still suck at it; I just keep cheating and trying to parallel like I'm in regular alpine skis. But I'm trying to learn, and I'm in the right place with the right people to do it.
P.S. Oh yeah, the other reason for the map, was to brag about making it up to Bald Knob up there at the top by myself. (See:Reference:Next Post)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, So wish I was there sharing your "trip" Love to all of White Grass. Skiing in VT isn't too bad either. Meet you in Telleride. Erin