Thursday, January 24, 2008

Made it up to Bald Knob



I just know Nick has a joke here, but that's what it's called. Anyway it's about 1000 ft above the base lodge and the highest local peak. That last sentence will have a lot of locals taking issue, because there's a huge population of climbers and cavers living out here and there are probably some locally higher peaks, but this one's high enough for me. And I'd never been up there, so after going off skiing with Chip and George, I decided to keep going to the top when they had to turn back to greet a friend at the lodge, Dickie Hall, who's doing a telemark clinic down here, and also, another one of those wildly extended relatives. I'm hoping to Ski with them tomorrow and learn a thing or two about telemarking. Anyway, once I finally got to the top, here's the view from Baldy...

No comments: