Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Apocalyptica

If you've never heard of them, you're missing out. Four cellos doing Metallica. Not exactly what I was expecting, it was a lot harder than I'd hoped for and they really seem to like doing that twirly headbanger thing with their long hair, but still and all, a lot of fun.
Unfortunately, when I got there, the show was sold out. I walked around on Sunset for a bit and texted my friends for rec's, and then went back, figuring I'd see what a little talking could do. As it turned out, after speaking to one of the women who ran the door, there was a radio station promotion going on, and all I had to do was respond, "KROQ is Number One" when asked what my favorite LA radio station was.... et voila! A free ticket to the sold out show. How nice. I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: