Saturday, April 19, 2008

Damian Hirst and Jeff Koons




Damian Hirst, the artist who did the diamond encrusted skull, up top, did an amazing set of stained glass windows, except they were constructed of butterfly wings. Below that, is another of my favorites, Jeff Koons and one of his giant balloon dogs.

The little short guard, who's dissected by the balloon dog, yelled at me for taking a phone call while I was in the gallery. I was walking out with the phone as I usually do when taking a call in a public space. He was right, but I was upset because I felt like I was being chastised for doing the right thing which I was in the middle of doing anyway. I guess he was right. Beware of truth, it can demand change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate Jeff Koons. And the butterfly wing stained glass windows depress me.

- Shephathiah