Friday, April 25, 2008

Brewer-Clifton




How lucky am I? After my early antics this morning, I went to Melville to taste, bright and early, practically pounding on the glass at 11 am. Greg, the really nice guy behind the tasting bar, tells me after a little wine talk between us, that Parker is in town and Greg Brewer and Steve Clifton have opened up all of their wines for him to taste. He says he's going to head over on his lunch break and do a tasting when Parker's done. I get some contact info from Greg, call up the winery and try to see if I can't swing through. Steve says sure, so I get to go and taste, not just some of the lower allocation wines, or even a full flight of one line, but an ENTIRE PORTFOLIO TASTING of Brewer-Clifton, Melville, Palmina and Diatom! Just absolutely show-stopping wines. I've been a fan of their stuff since Christopher first showed me their Palmina Tocai Fruilano, and Jeanne and Marcos would pop their Brewer-Clifton and Melville Pinots. So amazingly delicious, and I got to meet Greg and Steve. Best part, I had the tasting almost to myself with two of Steve's assistants so I got the inside track on lots of the wines. It just couldn't have worked out better.... So many amazing Pinots and the Chablis-like Chard Inox was just unforgettable.

Also did a great tasting at Fiddlehead, through Kathy's great Sauvignon Blanc and Pinots, another longtime favorite Jeanne introduced me to...

No comments: