Monday, April 21, 2008

Fish fucking, or celebrities? A quandary if I've ever seen one.



So, after a nice dinner with Page and Brandy (that's Patty and Brittany to you, suckas) it was time to turn my attentions to other activities. Being the unrepentant nerd I am, I just happened to have overheard on NPR that the Grunion are running. To the uninitiated, like myself, these are the times when the Grunion, an interesting fish with most peculiar mating habits, tends to do it's thing on the shores. Apparently, these guys and gals actually get out of the water, come up on shore, do the humpty-hump, and then go back into the water. Seeing as I'm here to experience the out of the ordinary, I figured, hey, why not go down to the ocean and watch fish copulate? "Perfectly understandable sentiment", I hear you say. Unfortunately for both of my Blog readers, (that's you and me, mom) there was no fish fornication to be seen down by the Santa Monica Pier. I tried to get my lovely new friends to accompany me, but apparently the offer to watch fish fuck just doesn't quite do it for our action packed young ladies of today.
So, instead, I spent some time stalking the hot new resto in town where one of the Papparazzi, after quite a bit of Q+A finally revealed, was the spot that was rented out for Victoria Beckham's B-Day bash, and Tom and Kate and all the other "A-Lister's" (Ooh, I feel so LA lingo'd now) were partying. By "some time stalking", I really mean about 30 seconds to take pictures of the papparazzi, which was kind of gratifying in a ha-ha sort of way, 'cause even though I'm not famous, I hate them anyway. I apologize to those photographers out there who are good people, but by and large, I consider Papparzzi to be relegated to that special circle of hell Dante reserved for Lawyers and Auto Mechanics. Anyhoo, these are the guys waiting for the famous people. Me, I fucked off and found the nearest interesting place that had Guiness on tap.
But here's a link to the glam shots if you're interested...
http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/celebrity/redcarpet/6123/1/0/victoria-beckham-34th-birthday-party.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have three readers: you, your mom and me! :oP

- Shephathiah