Monday, April 21, 2008

Gotta love a girl who takes matters into her own hands



So here we have Page. She'll take issue with this, but them's the breaks. I just knew, KNEW in my heart of hearts, that when we were going to order some coffee, she was going to be one of those orderers that's got some kind of crazy special request. I couldn't even begin to repeat her order, because it's way beyond my conception of what coffee is. I am from Brooklyn, I go to delis, "light and sweet" is about as much coffee talk as I speak. But not our dear protagonist Page. So after placing her order, our "help", if you could call it that, (BTW, side note here, Service SUCKS in LA. I've been in the service industry, I know what it means to do it, and for an economy that practically lives on service jobs, these "actors" really oughta get their shit together and learn how to "act" like they're doing their fucking job) couldn't even begin to make what she asked for. So Page, go-getter that she is, jumped behind the bar and did it herself. I'm not even kidding, she frothed her own milk. But wait, it gets better. The "help" decided to comment how her company employed professional Barristas to teach them. To wit, our hero Page responded, "Well clearly, they don't know shit." Could this girl be any hotter? If I wasn't paralyzed with feelings of awkwardness at the situation, I might have proposed on the spot.
But here she is, Die Hard, pushing suckers out of the way.

Addendum: Not one to casually brush away imprecision, Page has made her corrections in the attached comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a short cap. is no difficult drink. in fact, it is less syllables than your sweet and whateva. i made no request for type of milk or add sugar beforehand or soy or double decafe (which never made sense to me). i agree service sucks in la la land. oh, and the response was, "apparently they suck at it (that is their ability to train)." no, i did not swear at the poor barista.

Jared said...

You can't see it, because it's just a comment, but I'm positive that at the end of that note, she stuck out her tongue and said "nyah!"

Anonymous said...

you are most likely right... again!