Saturday, April 12, 2008

The incredible synchronicities of the universe



Going out last night to get a burger at about 2:30 in the morning, I needed a beer for the walk. So about halfway there, I finished my beer and set down the can on the curb. Coming back from my daily walk into LA with Justin's dog today, I noticed the can was still there. Huh, I thought to myself, I should get a picture of that, or maybe even pick it up. Nah.
But then, while uncivically walking right past my own garbage, the wind knocked it over and it rolled towards me. It had been upright all night and most of the next day, but got taken by the wind at that exact moment. I've reproduced the upright position of the can in the above photo, but the view on it's side was the true undoctored position.
I then proceeded to leave it there, not heeding the wisdom of the universe. No, just kidding, I picked it up and threw it in a neighbor's yard. Ok, still kidding, I picked it up, brought it home, and threw it out, but I didn't recycle it, because a can this special deserves to live for thousands of years in our landfills. Alright, alright, alright, I recycled it, but only cause the chicks dig that sort of thing.

No comments: