Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ah Yes, Dinner at Bouchon





After a long day of tasting, it was time to go to dinner. Seeing as there wasn't a chance in hell I was getting into Keller's French Laundry, I figured I'd head over to his other Yountville Resto, Bouchon. Being on a budget, It was just to be an app. and glass of wine at the bar. So, Canard salee et confit it was to be. Luck being what it is, and the roll I've been on so far, I sat next to a woman travelling from Hawaii on business, and got into a discussion about my trip so far. She liked the whole New Orleans part, and decided, not only to pick up my tab, but to have James bring me over a menu, so we could order entrees and have a proper dinner. Gigot d'agneau pour moi (That's Leg of Lamb to you suckers back home qui ne parles pas francais) I was also nominated of course, to select the wine we'd be having with our main course, of course. (05 St. Cosme Gigondas) Dinner is not complete, Hanne (my dear hostess) felt, without a pot de creme, and a snifter of '76 Bas Armagnac in honor of my prestigious birth year.
In addition to all of this, fortune smiles on me once again, Hanne, being in town for two weeks, has a rental house up the block in Yountville with a spare room for me to crash. And that's how my two days in Napa turned into five.

No comments: