Friday, June 13, 2008

Dinner at the Hitching Post



It was really taking much longer than I'd expected to get down to LA and I was getting hungry. The Hitching Post (of Sideways fame) is one of those places you've gotta go at least once, and sit at the bar if you can. The Hostess was great, and really tried to help me out even though there were no seats at the bar. So I stood at the side part and ordered my food and wine figuring I'd get a seat sooner or later. That kind of attitude is a great way to eat your salad standing up. BUT, as soon as a few people got up, she moved some of her friends over and got me a seat next to them and we ended up having a grand old time.
My first glass was a Saint Rita's Pinot, but it was oxidized or old, or something, but definitely just plain off, the bartender poured me a new one which was better, but still, I wanted a better Pinot. So my second glass was the highliner which is a solid Pinot Noir with a much fuller mid palate and nice finish. Also went perfectly with the duck.

And oh by the way, if anybody wants any early Christmas gift ideas, check this out, a skeleton key for handcuffs. It fits right on your keychain!

No comments: