Friday, June 13, 2008

Hearst Castle and Hooper's unbridled cheapness.



On down the coast I made a few more stops. A day use pass is good at all the State parks. Unfortunately, mine was from the 11th and not the 12th. But, with a few strokes of the pen, an 11 can become a 12. Then you roll it so they can't get such a good look at it as you're coming into the park, and you're gold! N.B. If you wanna be cheap, and plan ahead, bring a black grease pencil so it'll match perfectly.

Stopped at the Hearst castle, but to even get up to the castle, you have to buy a $25 tour, so I decided the hell with that. Plus it's at least an hour and a half if you time it perfectly, and I had to make tracks for LA. Over at the telescopes they have out back it's 50 cents to get them to work. What bullshit, huh? But there was a guy who'd drained a fountain they have and was cleaning out the coins, so I reached in and grabbed two quarters to stick in the telescope. Ha, take that, Hearst!
They claim you can hold your camera up to the lens to take a photo, but I think it worked better with my regular old telephoto anyway.

No comments: