Friday, June 6, 2008

Mark DiSuevero





This guy is another of my favorites. I don't know it for sure, but of the pieces of his I've seen (and you can go back to a January post, way back in DC for another of his sculptures) the beauty and grace is derived, not only from the massive tensile strength, but the delicate balance achieved from the pivots (or still turning points, if you will) The one with the tire is at the DeYoung museum here in San Fran. I asked one of the guards if it moved, and he said no, but, how the hell would he know. So I waited until he left the room, leaned over the rope and gave it a shove. Sure enough, the sucker moved. This giant one is called Sea Change and is down by the water near Giants Stadium. By the way, open letter to California, you guys can keep the Giants, but give us back the Dodgers dammit!

No comments: