Monday, June 16, 2008

How to calm down.


Ok, I'll admit it, sometimes I get overexcited about little things and blow them all out of proportion. One thing that drives me completely apeshit for instance, is when somebody tries to take me for a ride. The dormant New Yorker in me rears it's ugly head, and there's not a chance in hell I'm going to put up with some bullshit. So after the bbq, we met up with Trish at some Mexican joint in Silverlake for drinks. Sounds pretty easy, right? But no, these bastards are trying the old valet parking bullshit in their own parking lot. (For more info, see the April post- "Korean BBQ and Justin Milgrim about to kick some valet's ass" ) We park the car and get out, and the guy wants $3. The conversation went a little something like this:
"$3"
"For what?"
"Valet parking."
"You didn't park anything. I did."
"It's still three dollars."
"That's ridiculous, I'm going in to patronize the restaurant, I'm not paying to park in their lot."
"It's still three dollars."
"Good luck, I'm paying you zero dollars."
And we went inside where the guy continued to follow me.
"I'll tow your car."
"I dare you. In fact, here, you can use my phone to call them."
Anyway, it got to that point where everybody I was with, and went to meet, started to get that "crawl under the table look", the "I really wish you'd just pay the three bucks so this would all stop happening" grimace.
So, I went out to the lot and asked him if he had change for a $20. And then I let him know that I had nothing against him personally, but it was simply fucking theft.
Anyhow, we got these Mariachis to play, and I cooled out pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Jared said...

I guess you're right, but I'm not sure I'd trust them with my car.